Cancer treatments

Share experiences and get support about any types of cancer treatment, including chemotherapy, radiotherapy, surgery, biological or hormonal therapies, transplants, and clinical trials.

Gastrectomy and Neuroendocrine tumours

freeflow
Posted by

Hi

I am my wife's carer, she suffers from metal health and now Neuroendocrine tumours and needs a total Gastrectomy.

She is naturally very scared but wants the operation, but know second guessing the decision.

I support the operation and her decision, but i like opinions, if possible.

It is a grade one net in the stomach and in some glands next to the stomach, so is it the right decision to remove the stomach straight away or should one wait.Can they just go away or do they just get worse?

I do not want a magic answer just an opinion please, perhaps based on experience.

Thanks

Lass
Posted by

Hey there freeflow,

Sorry to see you've not had a response yet when you're going through such a tough time.

I just wanted to point you towards the neuroendocrine group where you are more likely to get answers to your questions.

I hope you're doing as well as you can be, and that you find the answers you need.

Lass

xx

Proud Captain of the RCPC!

What is a Community Champion?

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today. - Thich Nhat Hanh