Cancer treatments

Share experiences and get support about any types of cancer treatment, including chemotherapy, radiotherapy, surgery, biological or hormonal therapies, transplants, and clinical trials.

Advice needed please

Moflo
Posted by

My 55 year old sister has recently been diagnosed with bowel cancer we are just waiting for her to have a MRI scan before they talk to her about what treatment she will need. We have had 4 other members of our family who have also had bowel cancer. I was with my sister when she got her diagnosis. The hospital recommended that I speak to my G.P and got referred back to the hospital to have a test also because I was a very high risk. my doctor didn't think it was urgent and but has referred me. My appointment has just come through for January next year I am extremely anxious and do not want to wait that long . Do you think I should go back to my G.P and insist that he refers me again as a priority thank you.

src60
Posted by

Hi and welcome to the community, though sorry to hear about what is going on.

As a carer for a cancer patient I don't really have an answer to your question, it might be best if you either used our Ask a nurse service, they aim to answer in two working days but sometimes it can take longer. Otherwise you could ring the helpline here for advice 0808 808 0000 it is a free phone call and open Monday-Friday 9am-8pm.

<<hugs>>

Steve