Breast cancer for the under-50s

Breast cancer is far less common in the under-50s, but this can leave younger people with a diagnosis feeling isolated. This group is a place for them to come together, share experiences and support each other.

Onco dx results in

lady_tinkerbell
Posted by

Hi lovelies had my onco dx results yesterday. Scored 11 so no chemo or radiotherapy! Got my prescription for tamoxifen today. 

I feel strange. Grateful happy and all those emotions. But also lonely. As if my safety net has got. I don’t know what to do. I feel I should return to work tomorrow and resume normal life. But I feel like “ has this actually just happened to me?”

Tinker bell xx
Sukki17
Posted by

Dear Tinkerbell, 

That is fabulous news!  Phew, you can start to look onwards and upwards.  Do you absolutely   have to go back to work straight away?  Like you, I felt very odd after my onco dx resutls  ( I did not need chemo either, which came as a massive suprise )  I very nearly went straight back to work, but I am SO glad I did not.  I had a few weeks just looking after ME.  It is a hell of a roller-coaster/shock thing, that youve been through.  I would strongly advice, that if you could just give yourself  a bit of time to recover it will be better for you in the long run.  

Have a happy day!

Sukki xxx

Netty113
Posted by

Hi Tinkerbell, 

absolutely fantastic news I am over the moon for you. Do you need Rads like me ? 

I am so pleased. Give yourself a chance to rest and then go back.

I am so pleased for you. I know how you feel I was in the same place s few weeks back. All ok with me getting through my Rads and very sore and pink but soon I will have my new normal life again. 

Lots of love Netty xx