Breast cancer for the under-50s

Breast cancer is far less common in the under-50s, but this can leave younger people with a diagnosis feeling isolated. This group is a place for them to come together, share experiences and support each other.

Struggling Again With My Emotions

Beachwalker19
Posted by

Hi Netty,

Im glad the experience wasn’t too bad... you did good hunni. And just think it will all be over before Christmas.

Im getting so excited about Christmas and my daughter’s birthday too, 3 days before Christmas.

Last year was ok, but after 2 op’s and the thought of chemo looming did take the excitement away a bit and knowing I would have the tell the children was praying in my mind.

So this year is going to be a whopper!

Love Tina x x

Netty113
Posted by

Hi Tina, 

thank you for helping me get through this awful journey. I am going to be on that beach again today is my head but I will be glad that it will be finished just before Christmas as my other half said right let’s enjoy this Christmas after what you have been through.

I too am excited asI have planned to go to midnight mass on Xmas eve  go to the pub on Christmas Day with our friends and just chill not fretting about working as I don’t get the whole of Xmas off normally and see some of our friends. To cheer us up and mainly for my daughter I have booked Legoland Christmas tickets plus we have other things going on at the weekend leading up to Christmas but I will also rest in between. 

My session today is at 2.15 and that is all I am doing at the cancer treatment centre today no exercise class etc that is on Monday lol xxx

Beachwalker19
Posted by

Hi Netty,

Aww it’s no trouble I haven’t really done anything.

Glad you have lots to look forward too. I’m nearly finished with my Christmas shopping now. I’ve wrapped all my daughters Birthday  presents and all girls Christmas presents are wrapped. Just a few family presents to get.

Keeping my fingers crossed all your treatment sessions go well and side affects are kind to you.

x x x

Netty113
Posted by

Hi Tina, 

I have done mine too as I just wanted to get organised and sorted as I don’t know how I am going to feel once this treatment finishes. 

Day 3 and I am doing my skin care as I have been advised. But I have asked if I can use normal deodorant on my good armpit as the 0% aluminium is not working that well and I feel really conscientious about it that I am smelling. They have agreed to let me use normal deodorant on my good armpit but I have to use the 0% on my surgery side armpit. They have told me not to worry but I feel so embarrassed about it. 

You have been there for me and really supporting me through my journey and I am really grateful for that. I heard my first lot of Christmas songs on the radio today in the car. That cheers me up hehe! 

Hope that you are feeling ok now. 

Love Netty xxx