Breast cancer for the under-50s

Breast cancer is far less common in the under-50s, but this can leave younger people with a diagnosis feeling isolated. This group is a place for them to come together, share experiences and support each other.

Waiting for biopsy

Beans79
Posted by

Super super news

Much Love xx

Cheeboe
Posted by

Thank you beans, tinkerbell, autumn49,and beachwalker for your lovely messages.

Still pretty shaken up but feeling stronger and hoping to kick ass soon! 

Waiting for more histology results and CT scan next week and then will know more of a plan

Ruth xxxxx

Beans79
Posted by

Hi

How was your planning appointment?

Having gone through chemo, Radiology was a breeze. But obviously it’s still not easy.
I was lucky and didn’t have many side effects at all- I actually found the travelling to and from the appointments everyday for 3 weeks really frustrating and exhausting! (I had a 50 min drive each y) And stripping off everyday to lie on the machine - just made me feel really vulnerable. I used some Yoga meditation techniques to get me through

Much love 

Beans xx

Beachwalker19
Posted by

Ruth, 

You will feel a range of emotions and will be up and down for a while yet. Try to do things that will keep you busy, it might not take your mind off things, but time seems to stand still while waiting for results.

Sending hugs

Tina x x

Netty113
Posted by

Hi Beans,

it was ok they did a CT scan today to map out my body. I am sure the scanner at the hospital was different and more of a donut but the one today was like enclosed but my legs were hanging out of it. I still don’t like it but shut my eyes. They managed to show me the Radiotherapy machine quickly too. Still feel nervous about it but they have prescribed me a cream called Flamigel RT which I apply 3 times a day. I also ended up at my GP today on the advice of the radiographers because I have had a cold for about 3 weeks and have a terrible cough. Turns out I have a chest infection and was prescribed antibiotics and two inhalers and I have high blood pressure so they are now going to monitor that for 24 hours.  

My health is taking a battering at the moment but I’m praying I will be ok for next week and not end up with another delay. Definitely going to be shutting my eyes for the Radiotherapy as I just have fear in me. It’s stupid I know especially after going through two surgeries, needle aspiration biopsy etc. 

Love Netty xx

Netty113
Posted by

Hi Cheeboe, 

You sort of know don’t you as I kept saying to my friends I think it is cancer and everybody kept saying no it’s probably a cyst but I knew inside even though I prayed it wasn’t before my diagnosis. Anyhow, I am really sorry to hear that you are unfortunately joining us on the roller coaster ride but it will get easier as you start to accept it and they tell you how they are going to treat you.

Try to deal with it chunk by chunk as you cannot take it all in all at once as there are lots of tests and scans etc and on top of all of that you are trying to be positive, normal, dealing with your emotions etc. It use to aggravate me at times when I was having a low day and someone said be positive when you didn’t feel like that and I wanted to shout back at them and say you try having cancer and dealing with it! I didn’t though just felt that way at times.

Listen please don’t feel alone as we are all here to help and get you through this horrible journey and you will get through it. Use this site I have and it has helped me so much on my journey and still does.

Lots of love to you and big hugs. 

Netty xxxx

Beachwalker19
Posted by

Ruth,

how are doing? 

Tina x x

Cheeboe
Posted by

Hi Tina, thanks for asking. I'm still waiting on results of full body MRI but the ct scans were clear so fingers crossed. Seeing the oncologist on Friday so should know my plan then. Still feel a bit in limbo but things are moving now and I'm managing to stay a bit more positive with an occasional wobble. Have joined the chemo chat in the main group. Going to get my hair cut soon, would never have been brave enough to commit to a short bob so trying to see that as a good thing! Surgeon said they are definitely considering me curable, ER,PR,HE2 positive so lots of treatment options fingers crossed. Will fill in my profile when get all the info.

Hows things for you? I see on another thread you are nailing your Christmas preparations

Thanks for checking on me, very much appreciated and I hope I can help other people out one day xxxxx

Beachwalker19
Posted by

Hi Ruth,

Glad you are managing ok, you sound positive.

Yes there are lots of treatments available now.

Good luck for Friday, I’m off to the hospital tomorrow for a bone density scan, having the bones checked every 2 yrs. now apparently, so might not get on here tomorrow and just wanted to wish you luck.

Not sure I’m nailing it lol, I’m doing my best but this Christmas lark is quite tiring for me now. Doesn’t really help because I’ve been glossing as well and it’s youngest Birthday haha.

Sending positive vibes and gentle hugs Tina x x x

Cheeboe
Posted by

Thanks Tina, good luck with your bone scan xxx