Breast cancer for the under-50s

Breast cancer is far less common in the under-50s, but this can leave younger people with a diagnosis feeling isolated. This group is a place for them to come together, share experiences and support each other.

Waiting for biopsy

Cheeboe
Posted by

Thanks Tina, sorry you are not feeling great I hope it will pass soon xxxx

That's reassured me a bit that maybe the Dr has to be there even if its good news. Thank you. I've managed to get extra after school club tomorrow so one less thing to worry about and hubby has managed to get afternoon off work. Xxxx

Cheeboe
Posted by

Thanks Tina, sorry you are not feeling great I hope it will pass soon xxxx

That's reassured me a bit that maybe the Dr has to be there even if its good news. Thank you. I've managed to get extra after school club tomorrow so one less thing to worry about and hubby has managed to get afternoon off work. Xxxx

Cheeboe
Posted by

Thanks so much Netty, I just panicked when they said that was the only appointment the Dr could be there for thinking it meant definite bad results. Calmed down a bit now! Xxxx

Beachwalker19
Posted by

Im a lot better today Thank you.

I think there will be lots of ppl on here that will tell you a Dr was there to tell them good news. 

I will be thinking about you. Please let us know how you get on tomorrow. 

Hugs Tina x x

Karyn74
Posted by

Netty

Thanks so much for your kind words of support I hope the New Year brings you good health to start being the new you . 
lots of love 

Karyn x 

Karyn74
Posted by

Hey 

I got my results yesterday and they were good results .

I waited 2.5 hours past my appointment time for a doctor to tell me all was ok so try not think the worst .

Easier said that done I realise .

keeping everything crossed for you tomorrow 

lots of love 

Karyn x 

Netty113
Posted by

No worries at all I was in a similar situation recently where I received a cryptic message from one of my BC nurses telling me to hold off on my Radiotherapy appointments until after the 31st of May and what she actually should have told me was hold off as your test results are not back yet. I was panicking because I have a fear of needles and really was anxious about having Chemo but it was all good news for me just Radiotherapy and Tamoxifen oh and the surgery. It is such a worrying stressful time in your life and one that I hope none of us will ever have to go through again. 

I am now feeling nervous about the Radiotherapy as my plan appointment is tomorrow with the CT scan and treatment starts next Thursday 21st but I am going to have the same approach of one day at a time to get through this. 

Sorry for waffling on a bit. We all understand how you feel.

Love Netty Xx 

Netty113
Posted by

Thank you Karyn, 

I am focusing on getting my treatment done before Christmas, having a drink on Christmas Day with my family and friends and thanking god and my loved ones in heaven for looking over me. Also want to get back to work in January at some point as I have been signed off since August my first surgery and it’s doing my head in now. Then later next year have the surgery done on my other breast so I have a matching pair hehe. 

Take care, enjoy Christmas and much love to you Karyn.

Love Netty xx

Beachwalker19
Posted by

... Glad you got good results x x

... I have being thinking about you. I hope and pray you get a result too x x

Beachwalker19
Posted by

... Sorry that should read a good result too  x x

Cheeboe
Posted by

So looks like I'll be needing this site for a lot longer. Came back positive for cancer in breast and lymph node. Waiting for more tests and scans then decision 6 months chemo either before or afterurgery. I knew in myself it was going to be cancer but was so hoping for no lymph node

Beachwalker19
Posted by

Aww , I am so sorry to here this. I was wondering last night how you were.

At least now these results are in your care team will be planning the best treatment for you.

If you want to chat about anything I’m here for you. Private message me if you prefer. I’ve had mastectomy, chemo and radiotherapy so whatever it is I will help if I can.

I know at this moment you are feeling every emotion at once, but there is a lot of us here who are ‘out the other side.’

Love and hugs Tina x x

Autumn49
Posted by

Hi Cheeboe

So sorry to hear your news. This is a club no one wants to join, but when you join us you know you are no longer alone.

The first couple of weeks after diagnosis I found were an emotional roller-coaster with waiting for appointments, and then more waiting for results..but if this means we get personalised treatment to kick the gatecrasher that is breast cancer out of our bodies it's what we have to do. 

Be kind to yourself, sending a gentle hug xx

J x
lady_tinkerbell
Posted by

Hi cheeboe

sorry to hear your news but I guarantee now you have the info you will digest it. Not knowing and wondering drives us mad. 

I had my mastectomy 3 weeks ago today. I can’t remember the past 3 months tbh. 

This is now your road to recovery. Youve had your diagnosis - the wind hasn’t blown in your direction but you can adjust your sails. 

When is your next appointment to discuss surgery or chemo first? 

Here if you want to chat- xxxxx

Tinker bell xx
Beans79
Posted by

Hi Cheeboe, 

So sorry to hear your results news, at least now you know,  and you will feel better still once you have an actual plan. It honestly does flies by so quickly and although difficult it really is doable.

I have had a lumpectomy, Chemo, Rads, Ovary removal and am now on Tamoxifen. Just awaiting my final appointment with my surgeon in a fortnight and then my first mammogram since diagnosis at the end of January.

Sending positive vibes, love and hugs

Beans xx