Breast cancer for the under-50s

Breast cancer is far less common in the under-50s, but this can leave younger people with a diagnosis feeling isolated. This group is a place for them to come together, share experiences and support each other.

Waiting for biopsy

Karyn74
Posted by

Lizzy 

Thanks so much for your reply , it really means so much .

how are you coping ? When were you diagnosed ?

I feel a bit silly as just don’t have an answers yet  but this two week wait has been torture I’m sure my kids suspect something and I’m petrified of the possibility of telling them the worst news as I’m a single parent.

i know I shouldn’t go there until it’s confirmed but the mind is a powerful thing .

Anyway I do hope your okay and that little dog is giving you lots of attention . 
I have a miniature schnauzer, she is my wee best friend .

lots of love 

Karyn 

Lizzy-909
Posted by

Hey

I was diagnosed on the 17th October but had to wait for an MRI and then HER2 results to come back. It’s a pure waiting game you get a diagnosis and then they need to gather more information they are very thorough it just means we have to wait for results. I now know that I have 2 tumours both different cancers, I have a surgery  date for lumpectomy on the 28th and still don’t know my treatment plan until after surgery as they need to do more tests.

Your not being silly the wait is torture!

i do hope that your results come back normal, when I was waiting my doctor said a lot of them come back normal sometimes we have lumps and bumps and they are just part of us which was true for 1 of my friends.

Love my Dog!  Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Lizzy xx

Beachwalker19
Posted by

Hi and ,

Welcome to the group, so sorry you have found yourselves here. 
Like ppl here have already said the waiting is the worst bit.

Whatever the outcome, everyone is here to support you both.     

I’m considered out the other now, I had the full package, Mastectomy, Chemo and Radiotherapy if you need to know anything im here. 
Im keeping everything crossed for both of you regarding your results. 
Good Luck please let us know how you get on.

Tina x x

Cheeboe
Posted by

Hi Lizzy and Tina, thank you so much for the support. I've got my MRI scan tomorrow then hopefully some results by end of week. Struggling to stay positive as have pains in arms and shoulders that ct help thinking are metasteses. Shouldn't borrow trouble I know!

Karyn I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you tomorrow xxxx

Hugs to everyone!! Xxx

Karyn74
Posted by

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts and best wishes it’s really been such a support . 
Thankfully been a busy weekend at work but almost a bit scared of the appointment tomorrow. 

will keep in touch and let you know how it goes 

lots of love to you all

Karyn x 

Lizzy-909
Posted by

Hi

Try not yo overthink it the pains could be down to stress you’ll be amazed the effect stress can have on us. I know it’s hard but stay as positive as you can it really helps. X

Lizzy xx

Cheeboe
Posted by

Thanks Lizzy, I'm so grateful for the support,  especially at such a stressful time for you. I'm here to listen if you need to vent as well. Sounds like your cockapoo is a blessing, we have an 8 month old shih tzu Ruth xxx

Karyn74
Posted by

Hi everyone 

so I had my appointment yesterday for biopsy results and Good News , it’s a Fibroadenoma.

such relief and have slept for hours since !

i appreciate the support you lovely people gave me whilst going through such a tough journey yourselves . You are all amazing and I wish you all the good luck and good health for the future .

lots of love

Karyn

Netty113
Posted by

Hi Karyn,

Thank you for letting us know how you got on with your results That is really good news it is not BC. I am so relieved to hear that you don’t have to go through this agonising journey. However, you did go through some of it waiting on results from tests and that is a really tough time.  I too am starting to see light at the end of my tunnel as I am starting my Radiotherapy next week for a month and hormone therapy treatment seems to have calmed a bit on my body now.  All being well I hope to get my new normal life back and return to work in January if I feel ok. Then have my other breast surgery later next year.

Wishing you happiness and good health now and in the future.

love Netty xx

Beachwalker19
Posted by

So pleased for you Karyn. This is fantastic news. So much news on here it’s wonderful. 

Love Tina x x