Breast cancer for the under-50s

Breast cancer is far less common in the under-50s, but this can leave younger people with a diagnosis feeling isolated. This group is a place for them to come together, share experiences and support each other.

Anyone interested in a Pic of Day...

Beachwalker19
Posted by

Hi All,

I have been M.I.A over the last 2 weeks, just having a bit of a break from social media and having a lot of me time, to reflect, heal, think, etc. I’ve been having reiki and some mediation and relaxation as well.

Anyway, as some of you will already know I love to walk, I do a lot of walking, especially on the beach, hence the name lol.

I started Chemo in January, long dark, cold, wet and often windy days. It was bad enough being diagnosed the previous October, as well as being told chemo was on the cards, without the nasty weather.

However after my mastectomy and then a 2nd operation of Lymph nodes clearance, I wanted to keep my energy levels up so I promised myself I would walk everyday I could during treatment and for the most part keep to that promise.

I finished Radiotherapy about a month ago and have been walking an average of 6 miles a day, so the camera has been out quite a bit too (another thing I love to do, take photos.) It makes me happy and puts a smile on my face and I think we could all do with a bit of that from time to time.

So I just wondered if anyone would like to post a photo each day of something that made them smile, made them happy, it could be anything at all.

Here’s my Pic of The Day...  It’s a Passion flower that I found in my garden, which is actually coming over from my neighbours garden, but I thought it was pretty and I like it a lot.

Tina x x

TheScriptFan
Posted by

I think its a brilliant idea, i have had quite a few low days since treatment has finished, so anything to make us smile has to be a bonus.

This is my beautiful granddaughter 5 weeks old, who on the days i feel sad and angry and wonder why i went through all the poopiness of the last year, she reminds me why it was all worthwhile.

It's gonna make us who we are, it's written in the scars  "The Script"

jmp
Posted by

Hi

My cat makes me smile and reminds of life’s less serious times

Judith xxx

jmp
Posted by

This is rather funny too

Beachwalker19
Posted by

O Judith how adorable. 

My eldest daughter just got a sprocker spaniel (cross of a springer and cocker spaniel)

I will add a photo next week when we go to visit.

Keep them coming.

Tina x

Beachwalker19
Posted by

,,Hahaha , That’s good x

Beachwalker19
Posted by

O my, she has changed so much, 5 weeks already...wow.

Its a big thing isn’t it when treatment finishes, it has been for me anyway, hence why I took a bit of time away, to actually look back and re-evaluate as so many things have changed and we have to find a forward. 

Im sorry you have had some low days, my bug bear at the moment is the inevitable “ At least your treatment is over and your back to normal now,” I know it’s wellmeaning, but my body has changed, I have side effects etc, nothing about treatmmentendingis normal for me .

Keep the photos coming...x x

TheScriptFan
Posted by

Saw this card the other day I’d send one to everyone if I could

Beachwalker19
Posted by

That’s great x x

Beachwalker19
Posted by

My pic of the day. Just make me smile I could have used these through chemo to let people know how I was feeling lol x x

Beachwalker19
Posted by

This is Llangollen on the River Dee. I took this on holiday to Wales last year. It was our last holiday before I was diagnosed. During chemo I frequently looked at the holiday photos. 

I just love this one  x x

TheScriptFan
Posted by

This is for each and everyone of you, because one thing cancer can't take away is your awesomeness xxx

TheScriptFan
Posted by

Pic of the day!!!!

So because i was poorly last year a lot of jobs around my house and garden were left. So today i decided to tidy up my front garden. Was lovely when i first went out, the sun was shining i had my music playing and i chopped and hacked at anything in my way. A hour or so later i heard the thunder start rumbling and a couple of flashes of lightening, i was adamant i was going to get the garden finished as it started to rain.

Resulting in:

The drowned rat look

Beachwalker19
Posted by

Me on the beach at Robin Hoods Bay. Just back from a fab time seeing my eldest daughter who lives in Scarborough. Haven’t seen her since January just before I started chemo.

It was great to get away after 9 months of cancer treatment.

Weather was kind to us too x x

jmp
Posted by

A bunch of flowers I bought myself last month