Breast cancer for the under-50s

Breast cancer is far less common in the under-50s, but this can leave younger people with a diagnosis feeling isolated. This group is a place for them to come together, share experiences and support each other.

I'm really scared!

M20
Posted by

I had a lumpectomy in February and now above my scar a huge hard painful lump has appeared on Sunday. Doctor has gave me antibiotics incase it's some sort of infection, I'm going to the hospital in Monday, I can't help but feel terrified 

Denisa
Posted by

Hi, just want to calm you down doesnt have to mean anything serious..Might be just a seroma but its good to get it checked out.To relax you bit I had lumpectomy last year August so a long time ago and I still have a hard lump on the surgery site.Exactly where my original lump was.When I had my follow up mammogram they calmed me down said it was only a seroma.And also my surgeon told it might not go away this hard lump because its like a dried blood.I tried to massage it but doesnt help and its still painfull from time to time.

Denisa

M20
Posted by

Thank you, at the moment I'm really struggling. I'd started to feel more relaxed lately and it's like I've been thrown back to the day I was diagnosed. I have no family and on my own with my children, I do my very best to stay upbeat and positive for them but inside I'm crumbling. I'm pleased this forum is here as I'd literally have no one to really talk about it to. My mcmillan nurse just seems to look at me with pity when I did see her and could sense she didn't want to be here. I don't think she understands I'm independent and I don't need pity I just need a bit of support and to be able to get some emotions out. Monday can't come quick enough, I just want to know where I stand 

ronstar
Posted by

just wanted to pop by and say hope all goes well tomorrow! I can completely understand you being worried, but chances are it will turn out to be something simple like a seroma. Remember you have us all in your pocket! Let us know how it goes

R