Bereaved spouses and partners

A place for widows and widowers to share their feelings and support one another.

14 months since my husband died and feeling lonelier than ever

Chris62
Posted by

This Christmas has been so difficult - I can’t even remember how I got through last year but reality has set in that my lovely husband won’t ever come home.  Any special moments I have are tinged with sadness as he isn’t here to share it with me.  Seeing my excited grandchildren at Christmas was bittersweet-  all our dreams and plans for our retirement together never happened. I feel he was cheated and so was I and our family. 

The loneliness is almost unbearable even though I have a wide support network. I feel guilty that life feels like an existence now. 

Glostp
Posted by

Only 5 months on christmas day for me, but your post pretty well sums up how I feel, had Christmas away with our grandsons,but yes bittersweet is how it felt.

I've already began to feel that I will never see Amanda again, and agree the looneliness is terrible.

After a lifetime together I really find it very hard to be without her.

Hope things get better for you I guess I have more of my journey along the road were all on.

Gary.

Softly the leaves of memories fall gently we gather and treasure them all.
Chris62
Posted by

Time I’m sure  will lessen the pain.  I do want to enjoy all the good things that are still in my life. I know that is what Ed would have wanted.