Bereaved spouses and partners

A place for widows and widowers to share their feelings and support one another.

Sleep

Wildcat
Posted by

Like many of us sleep is an issue. Last night I had dropped off to sleep and woke suddenly and reached out for my husband who I thought I saw. Instantly I realised I was wrong and it was my mind playing tricks which was so frightening. I was in floods of tears and got little sleep. I so wish he was here to reassure me.

Look to the moon.
My life ended with my soul mate on January 22nd 2018. Can't imagine any future
Newb
Posted by

Hi I to had a problem sleeping last night rolling around the bed mind won't stop suddenly woke up having a flashback of my wife's last breath curled up in a ball and almost screamed crying for ages I'm sure this is hell and when we have done our time we will be allowed to go to what we class as heaven  crazy 

Ian
limbo
Posted by

Hi, 

Same for me. Have trouble sleeping. Most nights I wake up at about 3 with memories and images of the end. Was about to go to bed when I realized for the first time today it was the 20th - the 11th month anniversary. Eleven months already! I've been so busy these days that I don't even know what date it is but somewhere in me I must have known as I broke down crying earlier and feeling as though I was going out of my mind. Some days are okay but, honestly, I just don't know how I'm going to make it without Gilles in the long run.

When I look at his picture, it's as if he was right here. 

Newb
Posted by

Hi limbo I wake up every morning and say the same thing how am I going to make it without my wife I say good morning to her and plod through the day get washed after work sit and look on putor waiting for bed time to get some relief just for a few hours and then it seems like groundhog Day again 

Ian