Bereaved spouses and partners

A place for widows and widowers to share their feelings and support one another.

Blogging?

MelanieL
Posted by

Hi everyone.

I have decided to create a blog. I have done so on the MCMillan site. But, unfortunately, I have no idea how I write an article. Has anyone tried to find this option? Does anyone know? If not, I think I will have to contact them.

Love and hugs

Mel.

I don't like "moving on" because it sounds like leaving our loved one and all that happened behind. But I like "moving forward" because it means that, in spite of my tremendous loss and the pain about that, I move forward in my own life taking Paul with me.
GRANNY59
Posted by

Hi MelanieL the best thing to do is give the Macmillan Line a call in the am and they can advise you the best way forward with this. They are contactable on 08088080000.

Sending very best wishes for now. x

Bodach
Posted by

Hi Mel

It  very nice to read that you want to create a blog.

Macmillans have an information sheet on how to start to create a blog and this can be found here, 

What you need to know about starting a blog

How to start you own blog

Just click on the green text above and you will be directed to new pages which should give you all the information you need to get you started..

If you need any further help our online community team can be contacted by emailing

community@macmillan.org.uk

and I'm sure they will help you in anyway they can.

I look forward to reading your 1st blog with interest.

Ian (Bodach)

● Groups ● Stoma Support ● Bowel ● Carers ●

LIVING WITH A ST● MA

What is a Community Champion?Why not take a moment to complete your PROFILE it really helps in answering your questions How to update your PROFILE

You can speak to someone in confidence by calling Macmillan Support on 0808 808 0000 - 365 days a year 8am to 8pm It's free from mobiles and landlines. The friendly team are waiting to take your call.

Ellen B - Macmillan

Hi Mel,

I hope you don't mind me posting here - my name's Ellen and I work on Macmillan's Community team. I noticed your post about wanting to create a blog and I'm sorry to hear you've not been able to post.

I'd really like to be able to help you with this. I wonder if you could email me with a few more details about the problem you're experiencing with blogs? You can email me on community@macmillan.org.uk.

Best wishes,

Ellen
Macmillan Community Team 

MelanieL
Posted by

Hi Ellen,

Thank you so much for getting back to me and I have just emailed you to the address you have shared.

Kind regards

Mel.

I don't like "moving on" because it sounds like leaving our loved one and all that happened behind. But I like "moving forward" because it means that, in spite of my tremendous loss and the pain about that, I move forward in my own life taking Paul with me.