Bereaved spouses and partners

A place for widows and widowers to share their feelings and support one another.

I feel really low....

Mitcham Maid
Posted by

I used to be on the Carers support group.   I lost my Husband in September 2017 with Prostate cancer.   Just lately I have been coping quite well with my grief.  About 2 weeks ago I had a bad cold and cough (still have it) and that brought me completely down.  I have tinnitus as well and up to then I was able to tune it out most days.   It has come back with a vengeance and now I feel really low and depressed.  I sometimes wonder why I bother.   I envy my Husband for being out of it.  I did have Counselling which at the time was  good and helped me but it is like everything else whilst you are talking to someone you feel quite uplifted.  The Counselling was provided by the National Health was free but I could only have 8 sessions.  The Doctor suggested more Counselling but the Counsellor I saw charges £60 for one hour.  I don't know if I want to pay this.  The only thing that keeps me going is my Son who lives round the corner from me.  When I go to the Doctors all they do is dish out tablets.   I really don't know what I want.  Thank you.

One day at a time. 

likido
Posted by

I sometimes feel the same way, but please don’t envy your husband for not being here.  I am sure he would give anything to be here.  I am so sorry for your loss.  I also suffer from hearing loss, tinnitus and what I would call vertigo, it’s hard to deal with but life is still worth living.  Your son needs you so keep focusing on him.  I wish you all the best.  I am here if you want to talk. X

Wife0f26years
Posted by

Hi I'm  sorry to hear that your counselling  finished.

Could you speak to Macmillan  they may give a boost to more help from doctor? When you've  been feeling poorly on top of your emotions and feelings and just need someone to take care of you. Do you feel tablets are what you want? Give yourself time to feel better your body and mind have had to deal with so much trauma. 

I'm sure your son needs you and would be upset if anything happened to you. 

I know I felt  pulled  between  wanting to do all my husband couldn't and just not wanting the world to keep turning. Sending best wishes xxx

Sarah2nd
Posted by

Hi Michal maid

would it be possible to privately message you?

Sarah x

Wife0f26years
Posted by

Of course  if you like 

Mitcham Maid
Posted by

Of course you can send me a private message.    M x

One day at a time. 

Mitcham Maid
Posted by

I really don't know what I want.  Some days I feel positive and then the next day I can feel really low.  I could have more Counselling but as I have already said he charges £60 for an hour.  Some days I want to go and see him and other days I don't.   It has been 18 months now since my Husband died.   Love M xx

One day at a time.