Bereaved spouses and partners

A place for widows and widowers to share their feelings and support one another.

Afterlife - Netflix

Moostersmum40
Posted by

Not sure it would be everyone's cup of tea but just watched Ricky Gervais new series on Netflix. He plays a widower whos wife has died of cancer. Similar vein to Derek, lots of british actors in it, sad moments,funny moments and some thought provoking.

First night in on my own since Lee died 6 weeks ago, drunk a bottle of prosecco and watched a film and this series, tried not let myself dwell too much although every time i walk to the kitchen i look at his picture and feel sad

Erica x

jojowest
Posted by

Saw him on breakfast tv may take a look. 

Love & hugs 

jojo xxx

Parkotre
Posted by

Hi Erica 

I’m going to give it a watch today, I’d not heard of it but will give it a try. Thank u for putting it out here  

6 weeks is no time, I’m 20 weeks in today and it’s still like a bad dream I haven’t woken from. I can’t say it’ll get easier yet as it hasn’t for me but reading everyone’s stories I’m sure it will in time. Hugs to you. 

Xx

Always yours forever baby xxxx xxxx 
Parkotre
Posted by

Hi again 

ive watched all series one today. It’s fab. Made me chuckle but also made me sad. Hope there’s another series out soon xx 

Always yours forever baby xxxx xxxx