Bereaved spouses and partners

A place for widows and widowers to share their feelings and support one another.

Tiredness

Koli
Posted by

Thought there was something wrong don't want to do things have to force myself after I lost my husband of 27 years to head send neck cancer

Wife0f26years
Posted by

Dear Koli 

No there's nothing wrong what a thing to think the trauma and physical  and emotional affects of all you have been through take a huge toll.  Take care rest eat if you can drink and I mean water if nothing else. Give your mind and body a chance. Grief  affects us all ways.

Anything else  after a few days can't eat or drink ring Drs. 

Do what is essential  anything else can wait. If you have friends family ask them to shop ect.

Thinking of you 

Koli
Posted by

Thank you so much I work so that keeps my mind off but I come home to a quiet house hAve no family but plenty of friends but sometimes justhe love my own company.My husband passed on my birthday May 21st 2018 I was with him 13 days in the hospital before he passed then 3 weeks later his sister passed she was 52 I have never felt so useless in all my life

Wife0f26years
Posted by

I'm so upset that you feel useless. I understand your life has may be lost a focus and purpose but to go through all that and also lose your husband's  sister so close together. You are working which hopefully is a good thing? Are they supportive? Do you work a lot of hours? 

I appreciate with friends it may be difficult but hope you might invite to your home or just a cuppa out somewhere.  

Did you take much time off when everything happened? 

Take care xxx

Koli
Posted by

Everyone has been marvellous and so supportive I was off 3 weeks with everything after the funeral I went to see my sister in law then she passed a week later but least I saw her Martin had throat cancer which spread to his neck then he haemorrhaged For my 60th I am having a 60s 70s disco Elvis impersonator and raffle in aid of Cancer Research UK