Bereaved spouses and partners

A place for widows and widowers to share their feelings and support one another.

Loneliness

grace lena
Posted by

Hi everyone

My husband died August 2015. He was diagnosed with lung cancer 1month before he died. We'd been married for 37 years he was my soulmate. I lost my dad in 2017 with Alzheimer's. My mum has Alzheimer's too. I was diagnosed in September with breast cancer and had a mastectomy. Been having chemo and have to have radiotherapy . I feel like it's been one thing after another. I live on my own and I've never felt so lonely. 

suzita
Posted by

I'm so sorry for your losses and that you're going through your treatment feeling alone - I'm sending a virtual hug as it's all I can do. 

I don't know if you've tried any of the helplines here or if you've popped into your nearest support centre? (The Macmillan centre in the hospital gave me a shoulder to cry on when I needed it most).  I hope you can find some support and company.

x

Wife0f26years
Posted by

So sorry that you have had one thing on top of another and are clearly feeling so lonely. This group is great and people  post at all times of day. Do you have other friends or relations? Also you need to give yourself some calm and special treats as you go through your journey. 

Please tell us more and I hope you gain strength  knowing the forum is waiting here. Take care xxx