Bereaved family and friends

For anyone who has lost a family member or friend to cancer to share their feelings and support one another.

Dad passed away

Leer1975
Posted by

Hi everyone, my Dad passed away 19th November after a 3.5 month battle with an aggressive brain tumour. I was his main carer as he was for my mam who I now care for. The funeral is Thursday, it doesn't seem real at all. Saw him in the Chapel of rest this week and still feels unreal. I must be in shock I can't explain it. He passed in my house and I still talk to him when I go on that room, I'm comforted that he was at my house but I miss him xx

GRANNY59
Posted by

Hi Leer1975 welcome to the forum and  I am so very sorry to hear about your loss. Its  very early days for you all and the funeral is a time to say goodbyes. It will still feel a bit unreal for you for sometime yet. 

I can empathise with a lot of what you are feeling as my dad died after a very short illness in May this year and there is not a day goes by that I dont think of him or miss him. Its ok to talk to your dad I still talk with mine and what I would give to hear him answer me.

Thinking of you and sending some huge big hugs your way for now. xxx