Bereaved family and friends

For anyone who has lost a family member or friend to cancer to share their feelings and support one another.

Anyone in a similar situation or can advise?

CatMC
Posted by

Hi

My ex husband died last night. We were divorced for five years, after being married for 21. I remained his next of kin, as he had no family here (he was American), and supported him through a brain injury four years ago and since his cancer diagnosis last month. It's been quick and very difficult - I've gone to the hospital every day in the last week and done the best I can to comfort him. I have no legal status and no idea how to sort out his things, and he has no money to pay for a funeral. His mum has dementia and he has no other relatives other than an uncle in the States.

Our two teenage boys seem to be doing okay, which is a huge relief. I'm scared by the practicalities and wrestling with very difficult emotions though.

latchbrook
Posted by

Hi and welcome to the online community

I'm very sorry to hear that your ex-husband has recently passed away. I don't have any experiences to share with you but I noticed that your post had gone unanswered. This is probably because no one else in this group has been in this position and so can't offer any advice.

I think you'd be best posting this question in ask an information and support adviser and someone from that team will aim to respond as soon as possible.

x

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

What is a Community Champion?