Bereaved family and friends

For anyone who has lost a family member or friend to cancer to share their feelings and support one another.

Anxiety

Fern001
Posted by

Hi everyone

Ive been suffering with very bad panic and anxiety disorder the past month, which has taken me off work and impacted my life greatly. I am taking medication and literally had a break down- couldn’t eat or sleep or function because of fear and irrational thoughts. I am much much better than I was and seeing a counsellor for my second session tommorow. 

In April I lost my mum, 3 weeks from diagnosis to death. It was very painful, but I felt at the time I was appropriately managing it all- grieving etc. I look at the past year and can understand I have had a lot of stress as well as mum passing- including my wedding on the 6th October (my break down was 2 weeks prior and I just managed the day). Work has also been incredibly stressful.

I don’t know if this is part of the grief or the bigger picture. I just know i feel so far away from my normal health right now. 

The anxiety isn’t about death or mum directly. Just fearing fear and like I can’t cope.... xxx

KTatHome
Posted by

Hello , I was drawn to your post as I have in the past had panic attacks and general anxiety. I just wanted to say that I’m thinking of you and glad that you are feeling better than you were. I hope your counsellor session went went, they can bring up a lot of emotions in my experience.

Best wishes, I hope things continue to improve for you.

KT 

What is a Community Champion?

You can call the Macmillan Support Line on 0808 808 0000 (7 days a week, 8am-8pm) or contact them by email.