Bereaved family and friends

For anyone who has lost a family member or friend to cancer to share their feelings and support one another.

Lost my mum

Marzi09
Posted by

I feel I have nowhere else to turn to.. 

My mum was diagnosed with cancer at the end of OCTOBER 2018, no treatment could be given as it was advanced and her health and well being could never of tolerated it.. She past away on the 5th March 2019 10am, I've never felt so alone and heartbroken.. Everyday since I just don't know what to do with myself..i feel completely lost. 

Toffypops
Posted by

Hi Marzi,

Just wanted to reply to you-your post struck a chord with me as my mum was also diagnosed at the end of October last year, and passed away 25th Jan. You are still in the very early days of grief plus we both didn't have much time to get our heads around the diagnoses-your whole world is turned upside down and there isn't time to process things as I found at least we were just dealing with one blow after another, and things moved so fast. Hold on in there and be kind to yourself xxxx

Becbob
Posted by

I felt like I had to reply, I have just experienced very similar with my Mum. We found out she had cancer in Nov 2018 and she died in Feb 2019. I’m not sure it even feels real yet, it just happened so quickly. My focus is on looking after my two boys and making new memories with our family, doing things that she would have loved doing. I think about my Mum all the time, I don’t try to be brave, I cry when I need to, sometimes I feel like i’ll never stop, but I also try and think about the things she did that made me smile too. Sending you both a hug. x