Returning

• 4 replies
  • 32 subscribers

Hi. I am a returning member. I joined 6 months after Richard  died which is coming up

to seven years now. I have rejoined because maybe I can help others on here you are new to all this/ in the early stages. I live in Edinburgh and now we can meet up are there any meetings planned?

• Hello Coward14,

Welcome back. It's great to have you with us again.

It's wonderful that you have decided to return because you would like to give support to others who are in the earlier stages of their grief.

When I read your post, I realised that this is mainly the reason why I am still here. I rarely need support from the group nowadays but I wouldn't dream of leaving the group because I love being part of the group and to be able to give support. After all, this is what I do in my professional life as well.

Wen I was in the early stages of my grief, this group was a lifeline for me, I couldn't have been without this group and the support of all the loving people on here. I know that some have gone whom I know from those early days. For me this wouldn't be an option.

Lots of love

Mel

I don't like the term "moving on" because it sounds to me like we are leaving our loved ones and the life we had with them behind. I like the term "moving forward" as it implies that, while life goes on, our loved ones are still with us in our hearts and minds. 

• Hi Mel

Thank you for your kind message.    The group was a lifeline for me too in the early stages and I met some lovely people through it.  Take care

S

• I've often wondered how long people carry on reading/posting on the site for! I don't post much these days, (week 63 starting since Colin died) but still read everyday.  I will reply if there's anything different to offer the new bereavers (@mccmcc ) that hasn't already been said. It's good to hear other members who are further 'down the line' so to speak. A friend from work is going through some treatment at the moment and I recommended her to join a particular group to help her on her journey. 

I'm getting back to myself /interacting more with people than I was a year ago, (still have meltdowns and cry at things) somewhere I thought I'd get to - can't thank my invisible friends enough Heart eyes for getting me through xx

Tomorrow is another day
  • I too am like you Bootsy. I look but rarely comment. But I did feel I had some great support and friends.

Love and hugs Alison xxx