Family and friends

If a member of your family or a friend, or someone else you know is living with cancer, this group is the place to share your feelings and get support.

Mums cancer spread, so terrified.

Puggymama
Posted by

Wow Walsh, I'm so pleased for you, that is good news. In fact that is excellent news. I'm genuinely delighted. This disease is absolutely horrendous but we have so many more options now.

Even when I had cancer in 2011 I was fortunate enough that surgical was the curative for me, but I see the change even now. 

I think it's the waiting for someone to do something is really frustrating. No idea what they plan to do, she was already on the palbociclib but our local hospital asked her to come off it until oncology decided what to do.

Lots of love to you, I'm so delighted you're doing well. 

Pm

Walsh
Posted by

Hope you had a better day today.I have been thinking about you and the strain it must be on you at this time.

could you let me know how your mum gets on at her meeting,but if you don’t want to divulge I do understand.

take care

bw

Puggymama
Posted by

I've been up and down trying not to let the fear grab me. I find it preoccupies me. It's the waiting and worrying and wondering and ruminating.

I just hope everything goes well at her appointment. I've no reason to feel negative but I do, it's just the worry.

Thank you so much for your support, it's honestly massively helpful to see how wonderful you're getting on. 

Pm

Walsh
Posted by

Hi,

Yes you are right the worry,takes over and I think it is human nature to think negatively,when you are waiting for answers.

I hope your mum is managing all this waiting and wondering,I think that this is the hardest thing to get your head around.You just want answers now.

So awful that you also had breast cancer,this horrible disease makes me feel very angry It turns your life upside down.

There is no point in asking you not to worry,because you will.But please take care,look after yourself and your mum.

bw.xx

Walsh
Posted by

Xxxxx.

Walsh
Posted by

How did everything go.if you don’t want to divulge I completely understand.xxxxx

buttercup01
Posted by

Hi Walsh, u could send a  friend request  to Puggymama then you can private message each other if she doesn't want to tell everyone

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.
Walsh
Posted by

Thank you good idea.but can you advise me on how this is done.

xxxx

Dreamthief
Posted by

Hi

If you click / tap on this green text you should see "Add Friend" under their name.

Select this and a friend request message will be sent. Once puggymama accepts you can message each other.

There is more info about Friends and Private Messages here.

Hope this helps a bit, G n' J

Walsh
Posted by

Thank so much.xxx