Hi such a shock but been told today can't operate as she isn't able to withstand surgery due to COPD. To big a risk. So just going to manage as she goes along
no idea what stage although been told early.
I’m sorry to hear about your Mum and her situation. It’s a huge shock to be given the news it’s cancer. Then a further blow to be told surgery isnt an option.
I don’t know what the next steps are for you/your mum but my advice would be to talk the helpline and also start a list of questions you may have in readiness for the next appointment.
Eg what is meant by managing it? Will she need chemo? Radiotherapy? Are there other treatment options? What support will your mum have? Etc
I hope I haven’t bamboozled you with these questions, it’s just that I know if I don’t write things down as I think of them, I can never remember what they were in the appointment!
I hope this helps. Sending hugs to you at this difficult time. Good luck with everything.
Thanks Sara. Unfortunately they have said that they don't think she would cope with chemo/radiotherapy either. She is only 6and half stone. Also has atrial fibrillation .So not strong fitness wise. Awaiting a few more health checks then back to see consultant consultants for plan. They mentioned a stent, but I think that means tumour stays and just continue s to grow. I don't know. A lot to take in today. Also found chat on ovaries so awaiting outcome of this.
Sorry cyst on ovaries
The waiting for news/plans for treatment seems to take forever. My thoughts are with you and your family. Hugs.
If you have any questions about Macmillan, or would like to talk to someone about cancer, we have a team of experts
who can help.
© Macmillan Cancer Support, registered charity in England and Wales (261017), Scotland (SC039907) and the Isle of Man
(604). Also operating in Northern Ireland. A company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales company
number 2400969. Isle of Man company number 4694F. Registered office: 89 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7UQ. VAT no: