Family and friends

If a member of your family or a friend, or someone else you know is living with cancer, this group is the place to share your feelings and get support.

Having a bad day

Michelley
Posted by

It’s so hard . I miss mum so much . I hope you are right and she was not frightened. Even my little dog is missing her mate she is just crying all the time I have brought her to bed with me . At lst we know what’s happening she is looking for her all over house . I remember this thread when it started and all the lives we have touched on such a long time ago . I do hope everyone is ok  I wish we could be with our moms just one last time just a hug a kiss anything it so hurts the pain in my heart is so real I lost my mom then my sons wife left him and now my dog as does this is the only place we can all come to we’re no one knows us and we can say how we feel on here . I don’t know what I believe either I really don’t I’m going to watch a video of her now that’s the closest I can get night god bless and hugs to everyone that needs one x 

Elenium
Posted by

Auntie passed away this morning. 

No words. 

Elenium

Michelley
Posted by

I am so sorry 

my heart breaks for you she is at peace now x

Elenium
Posted by

Thank you. 

Elenium

Elenium
Posted by

The funeral is next week. MIL is not up to it at all. She's not doing very well. She's been poorly for quite a while and this has just made it so much worse. She's barely eating and drinking. Don't know what we're going to do. 

Elenium

Michelley
Posted by

Can you not encourage her to eat her favourite foods I do hope every thing goes ok at the funeral I have heard you talk about mil before hope she can feel better soon I’m thinking of you x

buttercup01
Posted by

Hi Michelley n Elenium, u might both consider joining the Bereaved family and friends group so u can get more support  from folk in your situation?

Fear of the unknown is the worst thing. Once we know what we're facing, we find the strength to deal with it.
Elenium
Posted by

Auntie's funeral tomorrow. Struggling today. 

MIL is eating and drinking more, thank goodness! She was going to try and go to funeral but has decided not to. Don't think she's ever going to get out of bed. 

Elenium

Michelley
Posted by

Try and keep strong it’s very hard we’ll mil is eating again how old is she ? I don’t think she should go do you . I’m also having a tough time . It doesn’t get any better . I was such a happy person and I don’t know we’re that girl is anymore. Hope all is well tomorrow and you can take some peace from it all x

Elenium
Posted by

MIL is 78. She is still eating but not enough really. She's not even interested in watching her soaps anymore.. She always loved them. 

The funeral went well. I stayed with MIL and my daughter recorded it so we could watch it later. I did manage to get to the cemetery later, on my own, and fell apart. 

It's still early days for you Michelley. Its been 2 and half years since my mum died and I'm still not back to "normal". It does get easier but it takes time. I talk to mum and I miss her terribly still, but life moves on. The pain lessens but you'll still miss her.

Sending you a big hug. X

Elenium