Any SGI Buddhists out there?

• 5 replies
  • 13 subscribers

Hi, I’m new, so I hope this is allowed on here, as technically no God involved. Looking for fellow SGI Buddhists - cheers all Grinning

• Hi  and a very warm welcome to the online community which I hope you'll find is both an informative and supportive place to be.

I'm not a SGI Buddhist but noticed that your post hadn't had any replies yet. I did a search in the community for SGI Buddhists but unfortunately drew a blank. However, I'm sure the other members of this group would be happy to chat if you wanted to start up a conversation.

x

Community Champion Badge

"Never regret a day in your life, good days give you happiness, bad days give you experience"

• Hi daimoku71 and welcome. I am also Buddhist and though I don't wear a robe I follow the path. I am undergoing radiation treatment for Squamous cell carcinoma. The treatment is quick and the people are so nice. When I am on the table I am chanting " Om Tara Tu Tara Ture So Ha" This is a healing mantra and it brings me peace. I wish you well on your journey to recovery...Terry. Namaste 

• Hi Daimoku, I've just joined and am still exploring these forums.  I'm not an SGI Buddhist but have been involved in Zen for many years.  It's my husband who has the cancer - prostate and now possibly lung.  It's a scary time but I do awareness meditation which helps a lot with anxiety.  He's not a Buddhist but helps his by immersing himself in his voluntary work.

Gassho and best wishes.  

• Hi Daimoku, I am not an SGI Buddhist but follow the teachings of Mahayana Buddhism and incorporate these into my life as much as possible, especially during the past year. It is my wife who has Metastatic Breast Cancer and these teachings have enabled me to master the art of acceptance of the outcome. Regular meditation and chanting have managed to keep me in the now moment and have helped to keep me focused and relatively free from anxiety, although that still does happen. It is definitely a path that i intend exploring more deeply. 

Love and light to you.