Cancer vaccines. I need them desperately.

I am in desperate need of cancer vaccines. I have stage 4 cancer. I need to improve my immune system  first. Does anyone know how I can go about getting them please on the NHS. I'm in desperate need of them. It's a rush.

• Hi Lizzy. My name is Anne and I am one of the Nurses. Thank you for getting in touch and welcome to the Online Community. I see you have already joined a few of our groups and I hope you find them supportive.

Without knowing details of your situation is, it is difficult to say what might be of benefit. Cancer Research UK does have some information on vaccines to treat cancer, however research in this area is still at an early stage.   As you have joined Breast Cancer forums, I would suggest that you initially talk to your Breast Care nurse for information on what other treatments may be helpful for you. For instance, if there is a suitable trial available, then perhaps you could discuss this further with them.

Breast Cancer Now also has information on how to access treatments not readily available on the NHS. As this can be costly, it is important to speak with your team first to see that what you are looking at is indeed the best treatment option for you.

With regards to improving your immune system, we do have information on our website which suggests ways of looking after your immune system.

I understand this must be a very difficult time for you. Do you have support round you? The uncertainty of living with stage 4 cancer can be hugely overwhelming. We have a booklet specifically for people living with advanced cancer which may be helpful. Our Nurses on the Support Line are also here for you so please do get in touch if you would like to talk to us. The Support Line is open 7 days a week, 8am until 8pm.

Take care for now, Lizzy.

Best wishes, Anne.