Prognosis

My best friend following first line treatment has now  metastases in liver peritoneum and ovary.I don't think she will go for any second line treatment as he knows its palliative and said she wants quality over quantity.

She is 53 beautiful , vibrant mother of 2.

She will see her oncologist on Monday but is there any targeted therapies that can put the brakes on with little side effect? 

I also would like an best guess on prognosis as we are doing a bucket list ?

Thank you

Devastated best friend

• Hi Charlotte678

I hope you don't mind me responding to your post today, my name is Rachel and I work as part of the Community team here at Macmillan. 

Thank you for asking a question in our 'Ask a nurse' session, we've been experiencing some technical problems recently which has meant that the response from our nursing team isn't currently able to be posted here. We have sent you an email with the response to your question from one of our Cancer information nurses which we hope you will find useful.

If you haven't received any email from us, or if you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to let us know at community@macmillan.org.uk. 

Do know our Support Line is open 7 days a week 8am-8pm as well, that number is 0808 808 00 00 or you can speak to an adviser via our live webchat between these hours by clicking here

Kindest regards, 

Rachel
    Macmillan's Community team