Ask a benefits adviser (closed)

Questions about benefits? Our adviser Moira is here this November to support carers for Carers Rights Day on the 24th. This session is now closed.
This session is currently closed

Go to our Ask an Expert section for further help or support. You can still read through the previous questions and answers. 

ESA Benifit

poppy63
Posted by

Dear Moira,

I have being trying to get my ESA benefit changed from work related activity group to support group  since April 2017 . I have completed the form and my GP has confirmed that I have incurable cancer. I finally received   a reply , thou it says a sum for  disability income it also says work related  activity group and no mention of support  group . Can you advise me that this is the norm or do I need to go back to them again and get it changed as I am not fit to go to interviews .

kind regards 

(Poppy 63 neuroendocrine group)  

Moira - Macmillan
Posted by

Hi Poppy

I am sorry to hear about the difficulties you are having accessing the Support Group within your Employment and Support Allowance. 

I would advise that you do not accept the Work Related Activity Group if you are not fit for work focussed interviews.  It would be best if you could speak with your local Benefits Adviser, who will be able to support you through the next appropriate action. 

Hope this helps.

Kind regards

Moira - Macmillan Project Worker