Bereavement counselling

Please can you advise on how I can get counselling for bereavement as really struggling. 

• Dear

Thank you for contacting Macmillan. I’m so sorry to see you are currently going through a tough time but really pleased you reached out to us.

@Little C its common to feel a range of emotions when losing someone close to you. Please know Macmillan is here for you whenever you feel you need our support. Did you know we have a support line number 0808 808 0000 where you can contact us 7 days a week 8am-8pm. We also have a chat option available.

Please don’t ever feel alone in this, there is plenty of support available to you @ Little C. Can I ask if you have a good support network around you? Reaching out to those closest to you can be beneficial for processing your thoughts and feelings.

Little C I can only imagine how you must feel just now. Losing someone close to you is incredibly tough and takes time to process in your own personal way. Did you know we have a specific forum available to those who have lost a loved one, you may find it useful to access, you can find this here.

I can see you are looking for some counselling Little C. Have you reached out to your GP at all? The reason I ask is the GP is the gateway to the services and can be a great source of support as well as access services local to you.

There are some great organisations available Little C. Have you heard of Cruse Bereavement Support? They offer a variety of services including a help line, 1:1 support and even have local branches available. There is also At a Loss that provide a variety of services, including live chat, resources and additional search options.

Finally Little C you may have heard of our sister site Be.Macmillan, we have a variety of information you can access online and even order copies free of charge to your home address. They are easy read booklets and have a list of organisations tailored to the book’s topic at the back of the booklet.

I’m really pleased you reached out to us Little C. I hope this information has helped today. Please do not hesitate to contact us again should you need our help or support and we will do our very best to be there for you.

Take the best of care.

Becki, Information and Support Adviser

Remember you can also speak with the Macmillan Support Line team of experts. Phone free on 0808 808 0000 (7 days a week, 8am-8pm) or by email.