This is rateling my brains now

Hello all who read this, I have been having blood tests for almost a year now, my liver function tests are coming back abnormal with my ALT enzymes in my blood (this is saying my liver is inflamed or fighting something off). I also had an ultrasound on my liver but to find I have several polyps in the gallbladder neck, this is causing a lot of pain where the position is. Now I am more worried this may be papillary carcinoma within the gallbladder. I am studying Biomedical science but I am in the 1st year and not as advanced to know or diagnose in my mind with this. My uncle, my Grandmother both died of this too and I was told in the past by a nurse it doesn't work that way, now studying Healthcare science I know otherwise cancer can be genetic. I also 12 years ago had a biopsy on my stomach that come back with access to white blood cells and wasn't told till I moved to a new surgery and in the note said I was supposed to go back into the hospital to get another endoscope but because of the Dr didn't pass the message on or no letter I didn't even know about it. I just now feel like this GP centre I was with was not doing their jobs correctly either due down to having Locum Dr's in all the time or just generally bad.

• Hello

Thank you for getting in touch with us. I can see that you are worried about what the pain and symptoms might be, and that it could be linked to something your relatives both had. Have you been able to talk through your concerns with anyone?

You’d be welcome to contact us on the Macmillan Support Line to talk things through. We offer emotional support and a listening ear. We also have a team of cancer information nurses. You can call us on 0808 808 00 00, 8am-8pm, seven days a week, email us, or contact us on our online chat facility here.

Our team of Cancer Information Nurses may be able to provide you with guidance about your symptoms and answer some of the questions that are coming up for you. You also mention about the bad experience you had with your GP surgery. Our nurses can provide you with some guidance about how to make a complaint through the NHS should you wish to.

Please do stay in touch with us about this. We are here to support you.

Take care.

David, Information and Support Adviser

Remember you can also speak with the Macmillan Support Line team of experts. Phone free on 0808 808 0000 (7 days a week, 8am-8pm) or by email.