Side effects of Tamoxifen I have been prescribed tamoxifen to alternate with megace I have been taking tamoxifen for 6 days and side effects are very difficult

The dosage I have is 40 mg. daily could I lower this to. 20 mg daily. The side effects include severe back pain and sometimes bone pain chronic stomach pain shortness of breath I do suffer with anaemia as well

• Hello llwf1gp44 and thank you for contacting the online community.

I’m sorry to hear you’re struggling with the side-effects of your medication, is your health care team aware of what’s happening just now?

Our nurses are currently unavailable to answer questions on the Community but you’d be welcome to call in on 0808 808 00 00 choosing option 3, or you can web chat with a nurse if you’d prefer.

Please remember as well llwf1gp44 that we’re here for your emotional support as well. I know it can’t be easy for you just now, but we are here if it helps to talk things through.

Take care.

Alex, Information and Support Adviser

Remember you can also speak with the Macmillan Support Line team of experts. Phone free on 0808 808 0000 (7 days a week, 8am-8pm) or by email.