Ask a Work Support Adviser

Questions about work and cancer? Our Work Support team are here to answer your questions. They'll aim to respond within 1 working day.

Early retirement.

Midnightfish
Posted by

Sorry if ive asked this before, my memory isnt wonderful.

Ive been signed off for 3 weeks..to many seizures. Caused by multiple meningingomas.need time to adjust to new dose. Its more the chronic fatigue which is causing me to think im no longer fit to work.

If i have to, or even reduce my hours significantly, would i be entitled to anything other than my pension?

Thanks 

Su - Macmillan
Posted by

Hello ,

Thank you so much for taking the time to contact us about whether you would be entitled to anything other than your pension, if you were to leave work or significantly reduce your hours.

On the Work Support team, we can offer support and guidance with regards to work related matters and employee rights. As your question is concerning the financial impact it would be advisable to speak to the Money side of the Money and Work team. They will be able to look into what financial help you may be entitled to.

The team would need to gain a clear understanding of your current financial situation to assess what you may be entitle to, they are unable to offer this support via the Online Community. This is due to the Online Community being an open forum and therefore it would not be appropriate to share that level of personal, confidential information publicly. The team is available on 0808 808 0000, Monday to Friday 8am till 8pm (by selecting option 1, followed by options 2 followed by option 2). Alternatively, you can message us privately using the “Contact us” link.

If you would like guidance around retirement on medical grounds, we have a team of experts who can provide advice and guidance relating to financial matters, including pension and retirement options. They are part of the Money and Work team and are available on 0808 808 0000, Monday to Friday 8am till 6pm (by selecting option 1, followed by options 2 followed by option 1).

I hope you find this information helpful to your situation if you need further support please do not hesitate to contact us back.

Su

Work Support Advisor

Remember you can also speak with the Macmillan Support Line team of experts. Phone free on 0808 808 0000 (7 days a week, 8am-8pm) or by email.