Ask a Work Support Adviser

Questions about work and cancer? Our Work Support team are here to answer your questions. They'll aim to respond within 1 working day.

Support in the workplace.

Bobdog
Posted by

Good afternoon, 

When working for a previous employer, McMillan came to our workplace and did a presentation to a group of our staff in relation to how you supported not only the employer, but the employee. As a result of this, it gave us the opportunity to understand and address the needs not only of people directly affected by Cancer, but how we as employers and individuals can get involved and support. 

I am enquiring if you still provide this service please. 

Kind regards

Robert

Emma G - Macmillan
Posted by

Dear Robert,

Thank you for contacting us and asking around support we provide for employers. I hope the information I provide will be useful to you.

The training that you were given at your previous employer may have been provided by our Macmillan At Work team. The team provide expert training, consultancy, information and support as well as resources you may find useful. You can contact them via email or call them directly on 0207 840 4725.

We also have information for employers on our Macmillan website, as well as information for small businesses.

You may also find our Macmillan publication “Managing Cancer In The Workplace” useful.

Kind regards,

Emma
Work Support Advisor
Remember you can also speak with the Macmillan Support Line team of experts. Phone free on 0808 808 0000 (7 days a week, 8am-8pm) or by email