Deposit for moving


Im struggling with the deposit on the flat im moving into. 

  • Hi

    Thank you for contacting us.

    I’d like you to speak to our Welfare Rights Team, they can check state benefit entitlements and can help to access other financial support, such as one-off grants. You can contact them on freephone 0808 808 0000 and they’re available weekdays 8am – 8pm and weekends 9am – 5pm. If you’d prefer you can also contact them via webchat here by selecting “Chat to us” and then the “Welfare Benefits & Grants” option.


    You could also contact the housing charity Shelter who give specialist advice on housing issues.      Tel: 0808 800 4444

    Lines are open from Monday to Friday 8:00am until 8:00pm, and 08:00am until 5:00pm on Saturday and Sunday.  In Scotland lines are open Monday to Friday 9:00am until 5:00pm.

    Calls are free from UK landlines and all major UK mobile operators.

    Another potential source for financial assistance is Turn2us.

    Turn2us is a UK charity which aims to support people with their finances.

    They offer a grants search which can be used to search for various benevolent funds and charity groups that might be able to offer grants or other types of help. You can access the grant search here:

    Or call them directly on: 0808 802 2000, 9.00 am to 5.00 pm, Monday to Friday (excluding bank holidays).


    Just to clarify, the Financial Guidance Service can provide information and guidance on all aspects of your personal finances to help you make informed decisions in the following areas;

    1. Pensions and retirement options
    2. Questions about insurance policies
    3. Mortgages and money management
    4. Arranging wills and trusts to protect your family
    5. General financial planning questions

    Our freephone number is 0808 808 0000. The financial guides are available Monday to Friday 8am – 6pm and when you call just select options 1, then 2 then 1 again to get through to our team

    Hope to hear from you soon.


    Financial Guide

    The Financial Guidance Service will not recommend that you buy, sell or cancel a specific financial product from any company. As a guidance service, we do not provide financial advice and we are not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority

    The aim of the Financial Guidance Service is to provide you with the information you need to make informed decisions about your personal finances. For financial advice, including recommendations to buy, sell or cancel specific financial products, you should speak to a financial adviser who is suitably qualified and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority
  • Hi Sheena, thank you so much for this help iv taken a snap shot of what you've sent me, at least i know how to find in now Blush i feel like i can breath again now.

    I shall call the welfare wrights team tomorrow..... Thank you so much.