Ask a Financial Guide

The Financial Guides can answer any questions you might have relating to your personal finances. This includes any questions you might have about Pensions, Mortgages, Insurance and Estate Planning. They'll aim to respond within 2 working days.

Blader tumour

steve19601953
Posted by

I have just been told I have blader tumour 

I was so shocked I have to go into hospital next Monday for a scan and then have surgery if things don’t work out as I hope is there any way that I can get help if I can’t work

Liam W - Macmillan
Posted by

Hello

Thank you for getting in touch.

There must be a lot going through your mind after your very recent diagnosis, but I am sure there are some ways we can help you.

On our support line we have Welfare Rights Advisers who will be able to complete a benefit check for you, to work out what you are entitled to if you are not well enough to work.

I can also help with guidance and information on your personal finances. For example if you have a mortgage, any insurance policies or pensions I can discuss the options that may be available with these.

We also have Work Support Advisers who can talk to you about your rights at work and information about dealing with cancer in the workplace.

For non-financial related help we also have Cancer Information Nurses who can give medical information and also people available for emotional and practical support.

All of these services are available on our support line, please give us a call on freephone 0808 808 0000 and we will have a chat and see what help we can provide. We are available 7 days a week, 8am – 8pm.

Thanks Steve, hope to hear from you soon.

Liam
Financial Guide
Remember you can also speak with the Macmillan Support Line team of experts. Phone free on 0808 808 0000 (7 days a week, 8am-8pm) or by email.