Ask a Financial Guide

The Financial Guides can answer any questions you might have relating to your personal finances. This includes any questions you might have about Pensions, Mortgages, Insurance and Estate Planning. They'll aim to respond within 2 working days.

Help

Amandacho
Posted by

I work full time and in November I’ve Ben off for 6 months so means my pay reduce to half pay we can’t adored but I can’t speed up the process as I am waiting for op to take the cancer  away and have the 6 to 8 weeks to recover from this 

lim get exemerlly worry about pay as I’m chief warner and husband on zero contact 

what help is there out there’s as this will be charisma to 

Julia - Macmillan
Posted by

Hi Amandacho

Sorry to hear about your situation and how worried you are. I hope that your surgery goes well and you recover quickly.

Our Welfare Rights Advisers will be able to check to see if there are any state benefits you are entitled to so your best option would be to ring and speak to them. Our Welfare Rights Advisers are available on 0808 808 0000 Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm but also on Saturday 9am to 5pm.

When you call, they’ll ask you about your income from all sources, including your husband’s pay, information on your mortgage or rent, council tax and utility bills. They also need to know if you are in receipt of any state benefits or tax credits already.

In the meantime, here is a link to Macmillan’s information booklet ‘Help with the Cost of Cancer’ which hopefully you’ll find useful.

Is there anything I can help you with? If you have a mortgage and are worried about being able to pay that, or need support identifying whether you can claim on an insurance policy, the Financial Guides are available Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm. We’re also on 0808 808 0000.

I hope we’ll get to speak to you soon. Take care.

Julia

Financial Guide

Remember you can also speak with the Macmillan Support Line team of experts. Phone free on 0808 808 0000 (7 days a week, 8am-8pm) or by email.