Welfare and Benefits Advice

• 1 reply
  • 11 subscribers

Hi

About ten years ago when I first had cancer, I attended a local Macmillan Centre. Among the services offered was a trained nurse / benefits advisor who would offer advice and help you fill out forms. No appointment was required, you just spoke with them during the days they were in the unit.

I recently attended the same unit and have noted many changes. The main one being all benefits advice has to go through a referral system. I started the process just under three weeks ago, but have not had any response.

Could anyone indicate what the current waiting period is for help in completing / renewing PIP forms. 

• Hi

Thank you for getting in touch.

I’m sorry you’ve experienced a delay for a benefits advice session.

It does sound like you’d benefit from speaking to our Welfare Rights advisers who unfortunately are not available on Ask an Expert at the moment. If you’d like to discuss PIP forms, our welfare rights team might be able to help. You can contact them on 0808 808 0000, then select Option 1, Option 2, finally Option 2. You might prefer to speak to them on webchat instead – select ‘Welfare Benefits and Grants’ when you’re asked to pick a topic.

Once you’re chatting to a Welfare Rights adviser, please let them know which local Macmillan centre you attended. They may be able to tell you what the referral waiting time is or provide feedback to them regarding your wait.

The Financial Guides are here to support with questions on matters like paying your mortgage, claiming on an insurance policy or maybe accessing a pension for example. We’d be happy to discuss any of these or any related areas so please let us know if you’d appreciate a chat.

I hope this helps with your enquiry,

Kind regards

Sheena

Financial Guide