Bad news and what to do next.

1 minute read time.

Had my first visit to the oncologist today at the Millbrook Suite at Kidderminster.  My cancer has metastised to an area of my pelvis so as far as I can understand the only treatment option is the Zoladex and, when that ceases to be effective, chemotherapy.  This was obviously upsetting to both me and my wife and we had to go to a private room and have a bit of a weep but I've got that out of the way and need to move on.

I have been offered the Stampede clinical trial and as you know what treatment you are given is a lottery.  I am minded to go for it because of the additional monitoring that goes with it.  My wife is not so keen; I think she would rather I had a year or 18 months of not feeling too unwell rather than have the side effects of chemo or whatever additional treatment, if any, I am chosen for.  At present I feel well and am carrying on with the things I enjoy.  They've asked me to come back Monday with my decision as to whether to join Stampede so I'll have to think about it over the weekend.

In the meantime I'm playing a gig tomorrow with my band and going for a curry on Saturday so positive things to enjoy.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Watching closely Bill and my fingers, toes and anythig else I can cross are tightly crossed for good results and getting through the treatment smoothly.

Take care

Jan x