Kezzerbird...well, well, well!!!!!!!

2 minute read time.

Off I went to the hospital to have my bloods done and wondered off to see my dear mate Tim who was taken into hospital after having a stroke on top of his cancer, I didn't get to speak to him, he is exhausted, so I asked the nurse to tell him that I had been there. I went off to get some lunch and then went and sat outside in the sunshine for a while, I had to wait until the results were back to make sure chemo could be given.

I wanted to have a word with my Onc, the receptionist, who is completely crazy in a nice way, tried to track him down, she told me she would get hold of him for me. He had only just come back of holiday again, so hearing my name must have made him want to go on leave again!!!  I was walking down the corridor and who should I see? It was my Onc and another consultant coming back from lunch. He said', I am not trying to avoid you'. ' Of  course you are' says I. laughing at him. 'I just want to know if I am ok to go body boarding soon after chemo'.

'What do you want to go body boarding for at your age' he says. My Onc has a sense of humour and can come across to be quite rude, but is all in fun, he takes as good as he gives, well with me anyway!!!! 'Rude git' says I and turns to the other onc and says, 'He is only chessed off with me because he's trying to kill me off and I won't die, I refuse to, I am gonna be around just to p*** him off!!!, they both laughed and my Onc said ' You can't upset this one, she is trouble and a bouncer, she is likely to flatten you'...'I won't flatten him, he hasn't done anything to me yet!!!!!!!!. We all laughed and went our seperate ways.

Sitting in the new chemo wing, there I waited and then I was called in for chemo and it all went well, no cocks up occured, I am in shock!!!!!!! My bloods are spot on, lovely. Now have to wait for the side effects to kick in but they arn't too bad and then I am off body boarding again. I am so looking forward to see my Mac nurse, he as been on holiday, he will ask me if I have done anything with myself in the last two weeks and I will tell him, 'Oh not much Mike, just clubbing, partying in Leicester and body boarding' that will make him laugh!!!!! Love and hugs to those who want them as always....Carol x

I am not dying of cancer, I'm living with it x

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Carol,

So glad the chemo went well and hope the side effects are minimal. Although I don't think anything is going to stop you at the moment, you seem to be on a high, cresting the waves, literally! You are amazing!

Take care and feel well,

Lots of love,

lizzie xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Carol, love you so much!

Take Care Love Kaz x