Kezzerbird..The things we do for gas central heating!!!!

2 minute read time.

Strange title, you may say, well, I have been given a grant to have gas cental heating put in my home by Warm front, my one gas fire and one storage heater that I have does not really do alot and in winter I freeze my butt off. Having a bath or shower in my house is a painful experience, Polar bears sit on my window sill laughing at me, watching with shear amazement while I run round blue with the cold in a small space trying to dry myself and getting up for a pee is even worse, my bum almost freezes to the loo seat, Ohhhhhhhhhhhh not nice. So what have I been up to, well, I have to prepare things for this heating to be put in, I know where the radiators are going but it has meant that I have had to move alot of things about, so me being me decided to re-decorated at the same time IDIOT!!!! I have done the front room, hall stairs and landing and my bedroom all in the last three days, I am knackered!!!!! Yesterday my lovely crazy son Karl came over to give me a hand after he finished work, now the idea was to move a unit in my bedroom so I could strip of the wall paper and paint that wall, that was all, so the unit was moved and Montys tank (Monty is my python) we striped the wall and painted it, then we moved the computer desk to that wall, we put Monty and unit against the opposite wall, then moved the chest of drawers across to the other wall, book shelves and the safe where put in the garage out of the way. This task was meant to happen over several days but Karl is like me, once he gets his teeth into something, he doesn't know when to stop. I have half a wall to strip and paint and do the ceiling then that is done, now the idea is to leave it for a few days but I know that won't happen!!!! I saw Mike yesterday, my Mac nurse who has been on leave for a couple of weeks, he fell about laughing at me when I told him about the body boarding boarding, going to the party at Leicester and clubbing, his words were 'You glass is always half full' he was amazed how well I look at the moment and asked how the chemo was going, I told him about the numbness and constant pins and needles in my feet, he said that those side effect would last possibly for years, my comment on that was, no it won't, I have been there before and was told that and I got rid of those side effects once before, so I will do it again, what did he do, he laughed!!!! I am a stubbon old bag and he should know that by now!!!!! Right I am off to make another bucket of tea before I don't go looking a that wall to be stripped, before I don't strip the wall paper off and I don't paint the wall Ummmmmmmmmmmm!!!!! Love and hugs to those who want them....love carol (The unstopable kezzerbird!!!)

I am not dying of cancer, I am living with it.

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

ur bum shouldnt freeze this year Kezzer! , not with what it gets every day almost all the time now ! lol xxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Oh gawd! Don't let Irene see this post - quick get it deleted as soon as you can! I have trouble starting decorating and NEVER finish anything. It's my signature. I have had a few don't it yourself disasters as well. I am typing this with a shaky hand just thinking about the time I drilled into the 30 amp ring main. I had to go to the club and have a brandy. There is a very nice framed picture in our downstairs toilet and behind it is the hole where the plaster blew off when I hit the cable. But we won't tell anyone eh? It's Irene's birthday today and she is going to Skegness tomorrow with her mate Bash for a week without me. The worst thing about it is she has got a bad cold and lost her voice. Why couldn't she have lost it while she was here? We have got a twenty foot wall in our living room and Irene wants a big picture on it - a forest scene. I said I will do her a muriel like Rolf Harris used to do. A nice Forest Scene. I think I can get the Trent End and the Brian Clough stand in one. Right I'm off to help Iren forget.

Keep smiling

love

Drew

X

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Carol

Flipping heck - you are doing fantastically well.  Keep on surprising the bastards.  

Rooting for you, as always,  

Grace xxx