Kezzerbird,,,,I knew it wouldn't last UMPH!!!!!

2 minute read time.

Well my dear friends, yesterday was chemo number 20, it was completion of the first cycle of Caelyx for The Bird. Straight forward really, hospital transport picking me up at 10, chemo at 11 and home by 1, simples as our meerkat friend says on the TV!!!!! Now, did this all go according to plan I hear you cry....NO IT DIDN'T Argggggggggggggggggggggg!!!!!

Hospital transport arrived at 10, lovely job, I got called in to the chemo suite at 11.30, sat in a comfortable chair, had the gripper attached to my portacath and was then told  I need bloods done!!!! but says I, they were done last Thursday. It turns out my bloods were too low for chemo, so another lot had to be done. OK not really a major problem, that would only add another 25 minutes, so off I went for an early lunch in the hospital canteen. I went for the home made chicken pie and chips, it is impossible to muck that up, well it was tasteless and my taste buds are fine but i ate it and followed it with a can of coke and a jam doughnut, thankfully I could taste that, so £6.60 lighter in the old purse department, I wondered back for my blood results.

Yep bloods were fine, oh jolly good.

Then I was told my chemo would not be ready until 3. THREE O'CLOCK!!!!!!! THREEEEEEEEEEEEE O'CLOCK, my blood pressure went mad, my face turned purple, oh no I could feel the bouncer coming out in me!!! It seems the chappies who make up the chemos have to have a break no and again and the chemo staff are not told about this until it happens, it is to do with health and safety, we are now talking about my health and their safety now!!!!! The lovely chemo nurse couldn't say sorry enough bless her, it wasn't her fault, so off I went and say down and waited for my colours to return to normal!!!! I finally got home at 6.15!!!! One good thing happened, I met a lovely lady there, so I have a new mate now and she would love to go out on the back of my motorbike with me when we are both feeling a bit better, so that will be another goal set and hopefully I can make her wish come true, that would be nice. Love and hugs to those that want them as usual.....Carol xxxx

I am not dying of cancer, I am living with it

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Carol, well done mate for keeping your calm. Hope you feel ok.

Love Kaz x

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Blimey is our Kezzer finally mellowing!!!!!!!! Or maybe this is just a blip lol

Glad you got your chemo and even gladder (is tha a word even? well it is in Essex lol) that you made a new friend.......hopefully reaching another goal for you and making her wish come true - excellent!

Love & Strength

Debs xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Lord what a day. I complained last time about the nurse so I expect better treatment next week -number 26! Hope I get it. Have a good day everybody.

Love Jen XX

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Yes Kezzerbabe, you are lovely.But then so is a female black widow spider to a male black widow but we all know what she does after he has had his wicked way! Sorry to hear that the hospital cafe is rubbish - is it franchised? Nottingham's is and generally that is crap as well and even the WRVS is all bought in, with food wrapped in  cardboard and food tasting of  ......cardboard. You never know if you are eating the wrapper or the contents!

This chemo malarky seems a bit hit and miss depending on where you go but generally I have found that the further south you go the worse it gets. It can't all be due to budgets can it?

Keep smiling

love

Drew

X

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

I agree with Drew You are Lovely Carol.

Sorry you had another bad day. Never mind get yourself on your hols and enjoy! You deserve it more than ever now.

21 sounds good! A cyber party I'm up for that!

Drew I think you are right about the hospitals in the mid and north being better.

I had no trouble at all with my treatment. It was a beautiful intimate unit with excellent staff.

It was before diagnosis when the care was crap!

Have a good holiday Kezzer.

Lots of Love Julie X