Kezzerbird...before chemo starts again UMPH!!!!!

2 minute read time.

The mad bird here saying hello to all my lovely Mac mates. Well I have been trying to get my house sorted out and the garden and cleaning all my animals out before chemo starts again next Tuesday. According to my onc the side effects won't be too bad but with me being me I am expecting them to be rotten because I always do the opposite of what I am told!!!! A classic example of that is my last lot of chemos', Cisplaintin and Estoposide......one side effect.....hair loss, oh well says I and shave my hair off yet again, it had reached my shoulders and guess what I DIDN'T LOOSE MY HAIR!!!!! oh bug***! My onc said to me 'Oh your hair is growing back well' the reply 'I didn't loose it'. He says that I should have and was just being awkward. ME AWKWARD...NEVER!!! Well it is only hair, so that isn't the end of the world.

When I discovered my cancer had come back in March, I decided to grow vegatables, loads of them, why, well it seemed like a good idea at the time! I have a small garden, well I built a large aviary down the bottom of it a few years ago, so I started off my seedlings in the green house and when they where big enough out in the garden they went OOOOOPS! I have a jungle of veg now and I can't even get in my green house without getting attacked by plants!!!!!! I don't think that I will ever look at a tomatoe the same ever again, I have loads of them!!!!     Gismo, my baby cockatiel is learning to fly at the moment, well it is more like learning to crash land, he runs around flapping his wings like a lunatic and when I watch it I say to myself 'Oh well another idiot comes into the fold' it is about right for this house hold. I will be going out clubbing on saturday and seeing my door crew and all my other mates, it maybe some time before I can go out after chemo starts, so the Bird needs to go and party and hopefully this chemo will work this time and I can get back into remission once more and then get my tattood butt back to work by next year, we shall have to see. Right my lovlies I am going to go and make myself a bucket of tea and then attack my garden. Love and hugs to those who want them as always...Carol x

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

Good luck Carol for chemo next week.

At least you won't have to go to the supermarket for your veg. I guess spag bol etc will be on the menu for the forseeable future.

All the best and lots and lots of love Julie XXXX

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Oh the Kezzerbird is back alright.  Watch out town, Carols about!

Went to see my parents last weekend and came home with a carrierbag full of garden grown goodies - the best there is (and they are free of course lol).

You better start looking up recipes for chutney or start making some pasta sauces.  Attack of the killer tomatoes springs to mind.

LOL Drew, you are a funny one, but I do like you!

OMG I can't believe you shaved it for no reason......should at least have been sponsored for charity, the Send Debs On Holiday sounds like a goodun to me, but perhaps I am biased ;)

I am beginning to love Gismo more and more.....my kinda bird.

Have fun out and hope the poisoning goes better than you think.

Debs xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

the very best of luck for the chemo next week, i had my hair cut off too and it didnt fall out! Kilner jars filled with veg for the winter always impress lol enjoy your weekend Carol im sure the door crew and your mates will make sure you do, hope you will be able to report all next week, my day wouldnt be the same without having a laugh over your blogs. cheers mate love and hugs sue xxxx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Nice to read about you kezzerbird, thinking of you and wishing you all the best for the chemo next week and have one for me down at the club - I so miss clubbing!  Oh, just a thought, maybe you could make a huge pot of ministrone with all that veg and freeze it for days when  you may not want to cook/eat much?  Take good care of yourself, Ann xx

• FormerMember
    FormerMember

Hi Carol,

I,am right in the Tom Tit now I have told everybody that my Ruby wedding anniversary is on Sun the !st Aug. I had arragements made the lot. Only to be attacked by my better half telling me its the 3RD of

Aug not the 1st. So after about an hours dog abuse

I now have and to go and get it all rearranged.

It must be old age.

You have a smashing weekend. All the best for next Tuesday.Good Luck Mate.

Take care and be safe Big Hugs Love Jackie,Angie,and Meggie.xxx