We came here to party

1 minute read time.

Friday was the first day of breast cancer awareness month, so I thought what better day to have a pink party and boob funeral. I dressed up as a huge inflatable tit and invited 15 of the most amazing women to my house for food and wine and all things boobies. It was the most amazing night. I laughed until I wet myself (literally at one point) and danced in my kitchen into the early hours of Saturday morning. To have everyone together who have supported me and shown me such love over the past 6 months was overwhelming. It was actually 6 months to the day on Friday that I first found my lump.

My sister made up an unreal hamper and we did a ‘guess the weight’ of my left boob and raised £300 for Breast Cancer Now. The night was worth it simply for that. My surgeon will be verifying the winner tomorrow.

I was so hunger over on Saturday and Sunday I had no time to even think about what was coming tomorrow. Today has been the longest day of my life. My bags are packed for hospital and clean jarmies and new dressing gown are out ready for my return. I’ve paced around my house all night. No amount of relaxing in the bath with my book and drowning myself in lavender oil has made me chill out or any less ready to go to bed and sleep tonight.

Here’s a final goodbye to my left tit. 

Anonymous
  • A pink party and a boob funeral? That was a great idea. Good luck with everything! Wishing you peace and strength and hope! xxx

• I did this a week tomorrow.  I'm in bed with drains in now at home. I went for my op 2pm Tuesday and nearly ran out all morning.  I took a book and snacks, zonked out on hospital painkillers and asked to stay in a 2nd night. I felt safe in hospital if anything went wrong.  They put an anaesthetic block in your left breast so when you come around there is no pain there. I'm wearing front fastening soft crop tops and front  buttoning pyjamas since my op. I am all bandaged up until drains run clear. I just hope all this will have been worth it eventually,  I'm sure it will for both of us xxx Just go with the flow and breathe until you get the anaesthetic in your hand and you go to sleep. It was the best bit as I was mentally exhausted!!!!

• honestly the best night. I thought I would ebmbras the losing of the boob rather than stay mad at the situation. lol I'm not going to lie i'm feeling the nerves this morning Tired face

• this is just what i needed to know . i had forgotten that i would need to wear button down armies and tops for hospital! my bag is packed and i have added snacks too for when I come round. this all will be worth it for us both! Hugging How are you getting on with the pain and exercises at home?

• Much love to you today. Love your party post. 
    xxxx