There’s only one Bobby Robson, One Bobby Robson

2 minute read time.

In the last 7 day’s I’ve had 2 appointments at the Sir Bobby Robson Cancer Trials Research Centre. I’m so lucky to have all this on my doorstep. I had a meeting with the director of the trial’s unit. She is literally the most amazing woman I’ve ever met. Her education, skills and achievements are beyond anything I’ve seen. She’s got a personal page on the cancer UK website honouring her work in early cancer trials. If she can’t keep me alive, no one can. I’m defiantly in the right hands. I had to take a lot of information away with me and go back after 24 hours to sign my life away. They took bloods and I gave them permission to test my tumour for what they needed. They talked about my BRCA test and within that they test for 3 genetic mutations. They have the ability to test for 300 mutations! I just have to wait now to see if anything matches any of the trials they have.

I had my first psychology appointment on Monday. I’ve never had any type of session like this before and it wasn’t anything like I expected. I thought it was going to be someone else asking how I was. But the conversation was just nice and easy and relaxed. I’ve booked in another session with her for a few weeks’ time when hopefully I would have had the results of more tests and done another chemo round. I need to check with the nurses tomorrow at my pre assessment that a CT scan has been booked. I’m not risking a delay or getting forgotten about. I need to have it at 6 weeks to know if this treatment is working.

I had my 4th and final Covid jab yesterday. I’m as protected as I can be in time for all of the restrictions being lifted today. I’m all about going out and living life but I will 100% still be wearing my mask and carrying my sanitiser around. I’m not convinced we are all safe today.

On Tuesday, I had to make the sad decision to cancel my gym membership at my CrossFit box. I just can’t do it anymore. I really miss weightlifting but my poor arm has no strength and is still too stiff to be doing anything like a pull up. I’ve had to give up the expectation that I’m the same person I was before all this malarkey started and instead started today with a 15min yoga flow. Not as easy as it looks. It actually ruined me. I can slowly build up from here without setting myself a million goals that I then get overwhelmed with and do none of them. Here’s to this week’s good intentions.

Anonymous