For days of auld lang syne

1 minute read time.

I never thought my new year goal would be to stay alive. By the 3rd of January I’ve usually broken a diet or not started exercising so at least this year I’m winning at it so far!

I’ve had the most amazing Christmas and New Year with family, but I can’t even describe how tired I am. I defiantly didn’t listen to my body this last week when I should have rested. I now have fatigue overload so booked next week off work to recover from the holidays. I look tired today, so I’ve done nothing but lie on the settee and snooze.

I feel like I never need a full review of my care plan until a bank holiday hits. I had a full body and head CT scan on Tuesday which should have been reviewed at the MDT meeting today, but of course it is another bank holiday, so I have another week to wait. I’m not too anxious to wait this time as I was pretty much told the outcome at my last meeting. Let’s just pray the little beggar hasn’t found its way to any other places and we should be on the same plan as now.

I’m literally down to one friend who doesn’t have Covid this week so it’s going to be a quiet one for the two of us while no one else can go out. 2 weeks ago, I received a PCR test from the NHS so I can test at home and if I test positive, I can get a treatment straight way. I also had a letter last week to say I’m due my 4th vaccine. I wonder if this is going to happen every 3 months now. I’d choose another vaccine over Covid any day mind. I couldn’t bare not being able to see anyone for 10 days. Absolute fear of missing out.

I need to now find the mental and physical strength to take down the Christmas decorations. Someone pass me a wine.

Anonymous