Community News

These news items are generated and published by Macmillan's Online Community Team. In this section you’ll find some posts written by the Online Community team in partnership with our Cancer Information Development team. We also feature personal stories from our members.

Browse by topics

Community updates     Cancer Awareness     Tips, ideas and recipes       

Cancer stories     Supporting someone with cancer    Art, photography and creative writing

Latest Posts

• Cost of living - support for people with cancer

"I have been signed off work now, will worry about the finances at a later stage." - Community member

Money may not be the first worry after receiving a cancer diagnosis, but we know that cancer can have a severe impact on finances. You might be spending more on everyday costs, such as energy bills or extra costs if you need to travel for cancer treatment. You may be experiencing loss of income if you’ve had…

• Cancer & Me 35 years on – vol 1 – To begin at the beginning

A woman sat on the grass looking down at the dog she is holding

With my German Shepherd puppy before my cancer appeared.

Today on our Community News blog we are sharing with you the first volume of our new series called ‘Cancer & me 35 years on’. In this series, Willo, known on the Community as patsyann85, tells us about her experience of being diagnosed with Anal cancer in 1986 while living in Zambia. We will be sharing more of Willo’s writing and incredible…

• Let's talk about cancer and hair loss

A side effect of some cancer treatments like chemotherapy, radiotherapy and targeted therapies might cause hair loss.  Members often come to the Community looking for support or advice with hair and scalp issues. In this Community News Blog, we’ll be highlighting conversations in the Community around hair loss and hair re-growth.

Your hair might feel like an important part of your appearance and identity. Often, when your…