Thanks to you, our Community members and Community Champions.

4 minute read time.
Thanks to you, our Community members and Community Champions.

Today is Macmillan Cancer Support’s thanks to you day and this Community News Blog is dedicated to you, the Online Community members and our amazing Community Champions.

Macmillan are sharing a video of thanks to everyone who supports us, or who helps Macmillan support others. You can watch it by clicking play on the video above. Feel free to share this blog and our thank you video on your own social media accounts.

On behalf of the Community team, we wanted to say a big thank you to you all for the support you share with each other across the Community. With your support, Macmillan can be there for more of the three million people living with cancer in the UK, their family and friends. 

We are a Community of over 90,000 members affected by cancer. We support each other through diagnosis, treatment, side effects, caring for a loved one, bereavement and more. By simply joining the Community and sharing your experience, you might be helping someone else feel much less alone.

Although many of you join the Community to find support, most of you will keep logging in to share that support with others. By simply reacting to a post with a hug, or saying ‘we’re here for you’, our members can make all the difference to how you feel.

"...by helping and supporting each other we can take away some of the stress" Community member, womb cancer forum

A big thank you to all our Community members.

"I want to say thank you to all the people on this forum who took that time to reply to my posts and to reassure me.  You helped me through some difficult times."- Community member, breast cancer forum

"Thank you so much for the kind words, it means a lot."-Community member, carers only forum

"Thank you so much for your reply , it’s made a lot of sense and now we can plan for when his treatment is over and know what we are dealing with. Bless you xx" - Community member, prostate cancer forum 

"You have hit the nail on the head with your message. So overwhelming I can't catch my breath. Thank you so much for your words. I hope if you need to please reach out to me also, chin up x" - Community member, supporting someone with incurable cancer forum 

A heartfelt thank you to our amazing Community Champions

Our Community Champions are a dedicated team of volunteers here in the Community. They are members who found the Community to be really helpful and wanted to give something back. Our Champions offer support and a listening ear. They help new members find their way around the site. Community champions also help the Community team to keep the site safe for everyone.  

We are grateful every day for the support our Community Champions offer the Community. Macmillan's 'thanks to you' day is the perfect opportunity to give you all a big shout out and share some of the appreciation offered across the Community. 

"Even with all the heartbreak that is going on in your own life, you still take the time to bring comfort and hope to people on here that are going through similar issues. Selfless"Community member, Community News Blog comment section 

"Thank you so much for taking the time to reply and giving me some hope and suggestions. 23 years in your cancer journey , wow, that’s amazing!" - Community member, New to the Community forum

"Thank you so much for your time in responding to my post. It is greatly appreciated."- Community member, head & neck cancer forum

"I came here as despite having a very close family and loads of amazing friends, I just don't feel right bombarding them with all of my feelings right now especially when they won't exactly understand how I feel right now whereas I am sure that there are lots of people here who are amazing support networks and who care."  - Community member, Hodgkin lymphoma forum

Thank you   and 

A big thank you to all of you. For being part of our Community. For sharing your experience to help others. For supporting members across the site and contributing to our Community News Blogs. For volunteering your time as a Community Champion.

Please join the Community team in thanking others across the Community by adding your message in the comments section below.

Anonymous