Notice: improvements release postponed

Less than one minute read time.

This morning, Wednesday 5th May, we had planned to move forward with our first batch of improvements to the Community.

As many of you may have noticed, the site was down for longer than we had expected. Unfortunately, we ran into some problems when we released the changes into the site.

We did not want to introduce any issues into the Community, and therefore we made the decision to roll back the improvements.

We are really sorry for any inconvenience the downtime may have caused, and we’d like to thank you for your continued patience.

We’re working really hard to get this fixed, so we can release these improvements as soon as possible.

If anyone has any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us by commenting below or by emailing us on community@macmillan.org.uk.

Best wishes,

The Community Team

Ellen, Rachel, Tom, Steph, Eliza and Meg

Anonymous
  • Am I alone in noticing there is a lot less engagement on the forum since the last major upgrade in 2020 was it?

• hitting the return key sends the message... I had more to say but I just can’t be bothered now

• Men generally somehow prefer not to talk about Prostate cancer it's a big problem perhaps because it concerns their manhood . I recently abandoned blogs l wrote for almost complete lack of any interaction . However I am undaunted and will try this forum . I have never seen a well populated forum and very few people ever interact . I am a retired Cancer Biologist and currently am writing a paper on PSA Anxiety . I was diagnosed late 2018 with locally advanced prostate cancer T3b Gleason score 9  very aggressive now on last 12 Lipton jab that's 3 years and 37 fractions of radiotherapy. I own my illness believing knowledge is power . Initial PSA was 30ng now after almost 3 years PSA last week was 0.02 probably the lowest it can go . Still need to be cautious as still early days am in constant contact with the Christie book my own blood test every 6 months and get the result the day after with a print out.l would love to answer questions and people to engage regularly .

• I am very new to your Forum but find it very difficult to navigate is it me or teething problems ?