All systems go!

Less than one minute read time.

My Mam went into hospital today.  She has her mastectomy tomorrow.  She seems ok, I still think she is hiding a lot from everyone though.  I am very close to tears all the time, I just feel so helpless.  But at least things are moving now, and the first step in the journey to recovery will be over soon.

We had a lovely weekend with my family, for Baby R's Thanksgiving.  Everyone commented on how well my Mam looked, nobody  can believe she is a cancer patient.  She had a fab new frock on, and as quite often happens, got mistaken for my older sister as opposed to my Mam! 

She has been shopping for hospital clothes, she doesn't want to hang around in pyjamas 'like a poorly person', which I suppose is a good attitude to have.  I just hope she can keep up this positivity when she comes round tomorrow with one less boob.

Good luck Mam, love you x

Anonymous
  • FormerMember
    FormerMember

I had a mastectomy last year and had a reconstruction at the same time. I was dreading it at the time, but was thrilled with it afterwards, I think this is because I knew that removing the boob also removed the cancer. I  have now asked if it is possible to have the other one removed, because not only does this take away the risk slightly of getting it in the other one, but then my boobs will both be the same, and to be honest my new boob looks better than the old one!! Good Luck and love to you and your lovely mum xx