• Home
  • > Community home

Browse By Tags

Tagged Content List
  • Forum Post: Stable results after EOX. Husband wants a break in treatment, I'm worried.

    Hiya all, We received my husband Russells scan results yesterday and we were told that after three infusions of EOX that his cancer of oesophagus and lung secondaries, are the same, no bigger, no smaller. So he has decided to have a six week break from Chemo, although he was supposed to be having...
  • Forum Post: Re: Chemotherapy

    Hiya, Wanted to wish you all the best and am thinking of all on here. It's a stressful week, we are waiting for Russell's mid way scan results on Weds after three infusions of EOX, and we have no idea what is the next plan. Persuaded him to sit in the car while I drive him to Swanage...
  • Forum Post: OC no surgery possible. Any sickenss/pain relief advise

    Hubby's tumour has grown back (4cm) and they can offer no more treatment.except for a stent in the future when the 'shape' is right. They've tried once but it wouldn't hold so abandoned it. If you've time, please read my profile where it's all explained). Now that rotten...
  • Forum Post: Re: It's back with a vengenace

    Dear Steve: Thanks for your words. In fact, so far, he only gets the pain after an 'episode' bringing up the frothy stuff and, thank goodness, the pain doesn't last for too long. I know that as things get worse, he will need serious pain relief - but right now, time the med kicked in, the...
  • Forum Post: It's back with a vengenace

    I haven't posted for ages. I won't bore you with details here (but have updated profile). Hubby's OC is back (4cm but no apparent spread 'scope showed) and begins chemo (3rd time lucky...) on Monday (31st), docetaxol this time; oncologist has said it's palliative but hubby says "it...
  • Forum Post: Encouraging news when OC surgery impossible

    I haven't posted for a while but thought I would share some news that I hope will give encouragement to those who, like my husband, cannot have the surgery (see my earlier blogs/posts). It's a year this month since diagnosis. Radical radiochemo finished end this Feb & a subsequent CT was...
  • Forum Post: Re: Cyberknife Treatment

    Hi Marianne: My husband had 6 x ECX in theory pre-op but the week before surgery (Dec 2009) they discovered he had a previously unknown heart condition and we were told surgery no longer an option. However, he was referred back to the oncologist who, in January, said he still hoped for a cure and started...
  • Forum Post: Re: radical radiochemo aftermath :(

    Thanks for your thoughts Crystal, Steve & Charlotte. Thanks for the Christie link; true it didn't tell me anything we didn't know but it was kinda comforting to read that all Philip's side effects are known and usual. In the cool of the evening (a song coming on?) I know that, compared...
  • Forum Post: Re: Surgery cancelled

    Thank you for your thoughts. Philip is still in the hospital cardio ward looking so well. But we've been told that the angiogram showed that, if he didn't have cancer, he would have had bi-pass and stents but they will not consider in the circumstances. Instead they are going to give meds (beta...
  • Forum Post: Re: Surgery cancelled

    Thank you so much for your kind words. They certainly came from the heart. It's all be such a shock, especially cos for the last 2 weeks, Philip has been feeling terrific: he can eat anything, no fatigue, feels better than he has done for a couple of years. No symptoms whatsovever. And he doesn't...